Gospel Best CompetitionAre you a member of a gospel choir, a praise group, or just a natural gospel singer? This is your chance to share your voice and talent with New Mexico! Show New Mexico what you’ve got at the New Mexico’s Gospel Best Competition! First prize winner receives $1000.
Rules and Regulations
1. Any artist who has had a commercial contract with an agent or recording company is not eligible to participate as a contestant in this competition.
3. All online submissions are due by 11:59 pm on January 26, 2013.
4. A review panel selected by the New Mexico Gospel Best Committee will review the selections and announce the individuals selected to participate in the completion via this website. Selected Participants will be notified via phone if they are selected to compete.
5. One song (of distinguishable style/tempo) must be chosen to perform for final competition.
6. The New Mexico's Gospel Best Committee will select all judges.
7. Each contestant will have a total of 3 minutes to perform. This will include file on and off the stage. Five points will be deducted for each overtime minute.
8. The New Mexico Gospel Best Competition will provide minimum backline for this competition-- a keyboard with amp, a bass amp and a drum kit. All performers will be required to use the instruments provided and if the group/individual decides to use taped music on CD the CD must contain only the tracks that are being used for performance. Any additional setup time required getting the performer up and running will be deducted from the overall minutes allotted for the performance.
9. All contestants must arrive at the theater location by 1:30 pm on Sunday, February 24, 2013.